What is a Search engine evaluator job:
Search Engine Evaluators (also called: search evaluators; web search evaluators; Internet analysts; Internet assessors; search quality raters) are one of the most legitimate and sought-after jobs to make money at home while surfing the web.
They should analyze and evaluate internet search results based on specific search terms and rate the relevance of the search against the search term. This evaluation work is done using an online tool.
In general, web search engine evaluators commit to working between 4 and 5 hours per day (on a flexible schedule) from Monday to Friday. Before entering the position, evaluators may need to complete a 5 to 30-hour qualification process over a period of one to three weeks, which may include training, practice, and testing. Once in, they must ensure a consistent level of quality. Evaluators who stand out may be offered the opportunity to collaborate on additional projects.
The requirements to apply for a search engine evaluator:
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English in Canada;
- Extensive and current knowledge of web culture: news, showbiz, sports, social media, business, etc.;
- Flexibility in learning new tasks and evolving standards;
- Ability to follow standards without allowing personal opinion or experience to blur the judgment;
- Great attention to detail and the ability to focus and stay accurate in a context where time matters;
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively;
- Excellent research, critical thinking, and decision-making skills;
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- A PC (portable or desktop) equipped with Windows, version 7 or higher;
- Fast and reliable internet connection (ideally unlimited);
- Basic skills for installing applications and solving technical problems with limited help.
The salary of a search engine evaluator:
Search engine evaluators are paid on a monthly basis, regardless of their local or position type, and can earn up to 16$ per hour, depending on the rater’s country and the company they are working for.
According to our research, the current pay rate ranges from $12 to $16 per hour in most cases (United States example).
What are the companies that offer search engine evaluator jobs?
There are three famous companies* with high demand jobs that are looking constantly for search engine evaluators for Google, namely: Appen, Lionbridge, and iSoftStone.
Raters, in the vast majority of cases, are hired by these companies as independent contractors.
Search engine evaluator at APPEN:
Appen is an award-winning language technology solutions and consulting company. Many independent contractors in this firm are fluent in one or more of the 120 dialects and languages.
Its services include transcription, data annotation, search engine evaluation, data collection, linguistic consulting and social media evaluation. Appen is in partnership with many technologies and e-commerce companies to help them expand into new markets.
Our goal is to enable our customers to succeed in global markets with the expertise we offer in more than 50 languages and dialects. Our clients are part of the leading international search engine companies. For more details, visit us at www.appen.com.
*We will be publishing more articles on these companies, their qualification process and recent projects.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.